Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Random

-I saw that documentary everyone (on both sides) was freaking out about a few months ago, Jesus Camp last night. It didn't creep me out as much as I was told it would but I have to admit, I was pretty disturbed. And I was raised in a strict, religious home. I'd like to see the makers of this film catch up with these kids in 10 or 15 years and see if they still feel the way they do.

-Mr.Pea and I sometimes fight over who loves Peanut more, me or him. He lets Peanut walk all over him, gives him food from his plate, warms up his blanket in the dryer, and pretty much gives Peanut whatever he wants so he thinks he loves Peanut more. I'm the one who (badly)trained him, takes him to the doctor, makes sure he takes his meds and gets plenty of exercise, plus I'm the one who gives him his bath so it has to be me. But the real argument is, who does Peanut love more?

-Speaking of Peanut, sometimes if he asks for a treat, the one I give him isn't good enough for him. Like he wanted the chicken treat and I gave him a milkbone. He'll turn his face away as if disgusted and shocked I would even think of giving him such an inferior snack. So I'll just say," Oh you don't want it? OK I'll give it to [Mr.Pea] then. Here [Mr.Pea], Peanut hates this so you can have it." Suddenly Peanut wants it.

-I used to think I would do really well on Survivor. I figure because of my size and the fact that I smile all the time, people always think I'm harmless. So no one would find me a threat and vote me off and I would run away with the million dollars. But since I've never even been camping before nor have I ever felt the desire to do so, made me think, hmm maybe not. I'm also a picky eater who thinks everything is gross so I would probably end up passing out from malnutrition after the first day. Plus besides cheerleading, I was never that good of an athlete. Since I've never seen them have any cheer challenges, I don't think any of my skills would come in handy. I noticed on the scenes for next week's show, they had some kind of 'wrestling each other' challenge. Nope, don't wrestle either. So it's just not going to happen. I'll have to make my million dollars another way.


-I'm starting to get my balcony "coffee ready." I'm still off the crack, I mean coffee, since it's still too hot for warm drinks but it's good to be prepared. There was a big, ugly satellite dish out there that drove me completely insane every time I looked at it, which was everyday since it was right in front of the sliding glass door. The guy that installed it did the most redneck job I've ever seen but that's another story. The point is, I moved it and put a hibiscus plant there instead. And since I've been bitching about the fact that winter is coming to doom us all, at least I have something to look forward to: coffee on the balcony in my favorite chair wrapped in a blanket....Hopefully the jerk downstairs won't be revving his loud obnoxious motorcycle for hours like he did last year always at the very time I'm out there.

-I ran into Humongous Toad again yesterday. This time he was hiding behind a wooden post. I feel bad, I probably scared him, taking all these pictures of, but I can't help it. I wonder what he's been eating or if he comes from a nuclear facility.




10 comments:

flutter said...

Um the radioactitoad is freakin enormous.

thailandchani said...

Oh, that toad! :)

As for Jesus Camp, that kind of brainwashing goes on all over the place. Sometimes it is more subtle than other times.

Thinking for oneself seems to be the only immunization.

:)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Maybe the toad ate the redneck who installed the dish....

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I don't think Peanut has a favorite. You are both his slaves, um staff, and provide necessary services. In his view, he puts up with human stupidity because he has no thumbs.

Did it ever occur to you that the motorcycle guy revs his machine BECAUSE you are there?

The steroid-popping toad is a great hitter, too. All the major league teams are fighting for him now.

They eat some very yucky things on Survivor. That would deter me more than anything, besides, of course,the fact that I hate the show. There is that. But if you get on, I'll watch it.

Rebecca said...

I read "I'm still off the crack" and took it seriously for a second. I thought, wow, I didn't know she was a recovering crack addict. (you certainly don't look like one)

Glad your addiction is much milder. :)

and, yes, who DOES peanut love the most???

jessabean said...

I saw Jesus Camp and thought the same thing...I wonder where these kids are now? Are they as "strong" in their convictions? It was a pretty creepy movie.

anne said...

That toad is so frickin' cute! Especially the way he's squished in behind that post. Ha!

Jay said...

Yeah, Jesus Camp was pretty alarming. I think I wtached it with my eyebrows raised the entire time!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

hey there!!!

sorry, i was out in oblivion the whole weekend...lol

anyway, my email ad is: shijara@yahoo.com

and it's also fine with me if u post your question in my blog...either way would be cool...

thanks for the time...

hugs...

Maurey Pierce said...

I've been interested in seeing that movie. It sounds frightening. Something about blessing VCRs?