Wednesday, September 12, 2007

no! No! NO!



The past few days have me saying to myself, "Summer don't leave me. I'll be lost without you. "
Living in the south gives me a couple more months until it's time for the sweaters and ugly pants my October issue of Lucky magazine is full of. I hate pants. I hate thick socks. Since I'm on the topic of stuff I hate let me get it out in one shout:

Scarves: get on my nerves
Hats: F-'s up my hair
Gloves: Can't feel a thing with them on
Sweaters and turtle necks: Constrain my moving around and make me feel like I'm in jail and someone's choking me for fun
Heavy warm shoes: ugly, just ugly

This is not limited to winter fashion:

Cold and flu: self explanatory
Less hours of sun: depressing
No swimming: also depressing
Weight gain from the holiday season: ok that's actually fun
Dry air: makes my nose bleed, not fun


But I'm trying not to be about the NEGATIVE so the one thing I can say I look forward to is my coffee. And like I said, I have a couple more months left but I'm sort of in a panic because my winter wardrobe consists of one pair of jeans,one beige sweatshirt, and some ugly running shoes. I never buy anything for winter because I talk myself out of everything I pick up by saying to myself,"Why waste this money when Spring is just a few weeks away? Suck it up and save money for the cute stuff." Plus last year I was sick all winter and barely left the damn front door. This winter I refuse to dress like a scrub-lady whether I'm sick or not. (Suggestions welcome)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... It's been autumn here for two weeks and it won't be spring until May! ;)

I hate, hate, hate wearing gloves! I have uber long fingers and can't get gloves that will fit my fingers without being way too big in the hand area. And you're right, you can't feel what you're doing. :::grumblegrumblegrumble:::

:D

Miss Awesome said...

Man the leaves have been changing colors for a few weeks here now.

No suggestions for better winter dressing. I always say to myself "Why waste this money when Spring is just 6 months away?" Sigh. I need to move down south.

LittlePea said...

So I haven't fallen on sympathetic ears then guys? :O)

Did you at least like my painting?

super des said...

Alas and alack, something we are not twins on.
I love winter clothes. I'm a hat fiend. I have multiple gloves and scarves. I treasure my Big Warm Jacket and my Warm Fuzzy Boots. I guess that's why I live here and you live there.

And the painting is great. It reminds me of someone and her husband and her dog. If only I could think of who...

thailandchani said...

Autumn is beginning to show here... just a bit.

Want a new style for winter, eh? Hm. Well, you could always try Thai. :)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

LittlePea said...

Des-I remember you mentioning you loved scarves. I don't know who inspired that painting either....


Chani-Oh Thai clothing is so soft and feminine. I'll keep my eyes open.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Such a happy painting! I love it.

It's almost never summer in San Francisco so I've been vicariously enjoying your beaches for months from your great photos.

I used to like fall clothes, but now I can't wear turtle necks or mufflers without choking. I finally found a down parka that doesn't make me look like the Michelin man, but prefer not to need it.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hi there! Just visited the blogland again and your post just made my day.. ;)

It's rainy season here right now, but still got the sun all year round...

Well, I hate hats too, but I love turtlenecks...lol

Finally, cute painting! Love it!

Whiskeymarie said...

I wish I loved summer the way you do, but you know I don't.

How about trouser-style jeans- cute with sweaters, cute in the summer again with flip-flops.

I like those sweater/coat dealies too. Kind of a light jacket/cozy sweater hybrid.

If you can find inexpensive cashmere I highly recommend it. It's sooooo soft, lightweight and warm. Never constricting.

Beyond that, I've got nothing.
If I see anything you may be interested in whilst I'm fall shopping, I'll let you know.
;)

Miss Awesome said...

I do like your painting!!! Did you do it?-- I didn't realize...