Thursday, September 13, 2007

Winter Shminter!

I couldn't find the security card to the work out facilities in my neighborhood so I had no other choice but to ride my bike to...guess where.



(*Warning!Author about to have a sarcasm spasm!*)

Well, well, well I can't say enough how happy I was to see that someone up and decided to build another multi-million dollar home on MY beach. I mean it's just the best idea, what with the loss of dune that protects the rest of us peasants from the hurricanes and not to mention the loss of habitat. What I was most excited about was the trash I saw lying around and chemical run-off, I mean it's only the OCEAN. I just love development, especially the country club type, there's just not enough beachfront homes and golf courses damnit. Someone should really build some more.



Anyway, moving on. I only planned to stay a few minutes because it was almost noon, the temperature was rising and I forgot my hat so I was hot damn! But I couldn't help myself. I saw a fellow scurry out of a little hole when I got close to the water.


His camouflage is pretty good but he must have got into a fight with someone because one of his claws was missing.


I couldn't find any shark teeth but this beach never fails to deliver up a nice gift. There were so many pink and peach scallop shells, snail shells(sans the snails), some pretty glass, and I don't remember the name of that white and peach one with the ridges....feel free to call it out.



I couldn't for the life of me find ANY shark teeth. I was determined not to leave without at least finding one. I mean what if I leave with out finding one and this starts a shark tooth finding drought? But, I mean look at what I'm up against....



Well I did manage to find these tiny broken ones so I gave myself permission to leave. But then I decided they didn't count because they were broken and worn down.

Finally this showed up.

Then this one.


As I said I only planned to stay a few minutes. When I got home I saw that I had been there for almost two hours. It only felt like a half hour.

I passed by this bird sunning his wings, basically showing off, on my way there so I thought to myself, "if he's still here on my way home, I'll stop and take a picture of him since he's so damn in love with himself."

Can ya tell? He ignored me.

10 comments:

thethinker said...

I am so jealous of your shark tooth finding ability.

I can't even find any good sea shells! Ever.

It's like a curse.

flutter said...

Ok the bird is great.

SUEB0B said...

I hate winter, too. As soon as the back to school sales start, I begin dreading it. And I also live where it is pretty warm.

Hel said...

Oh how I wish I could spend time on that beach with you.

Unknown said...

I used to walk on the beach every day when I lived in FLA. I always looked for sea glass.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I love those shells!!!

Unknown said...

That's it -- I'm moving to Florida!

thailandchani said...

Just beautiful pictures! I'd love to spend some time there....



Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I love beaches. I figured out a long time ago that collecting shells, sea glass, driftwood, etc. on beaches was my version of collecting trendy clothing or expensive jewelry. I think I have the same acquisitive impulses as women who do that, but prefer bits of nature to manufactured things.

I always enjoy your pictures so much. Did you get sunburned?

Miss Awesome said...

I'm jealous of you. Even if they're building new mansions on the beach (idiots!!) it would still be a nice place to live.