Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ants dammit

I got attacked today. It was an all out assault on me. There was a declaration of war against me where I was an innocent party. Sort of. Some fire ants crawled onto my flip flopped feet and tried to annihilate me. In their defense, I did step on their nest. It was an accident though and one would think that they would at least open communications before marching off to combat dammit. I had no intention of hurting their queen and babies, what the hell did they think I was- a monster? I'm not talking little regular backyard ants, anyone who lives in the tropics will know what I'm talking about. These ones are ruthless and they inflict more than just a little bite that merely itches for a couple days at the worst. It really does burn when those little suckers bite. On a positive note, I did manage to brush off most of them. But not before they bit me about a thousand times leaving my feet BURNING for at least a half hour and now swollen with pink bumps all over. And dammit I was planning to wear some cute shoes tomorrow.

This is all Peanut's fault. He's the one who pulled me into that dirt hill chasing a lizard I was never going to let him catch anyway. He didn't even feel sorry for me as I jumped up and down screaming, tripping over my flip flops trying to get them off me before they crawled up my legs. No offer to help. Not even a concerned sniff. He just looked at me like I was an idiot and then moved on to inspect some dead animal in the bushes. I feel a little betrayed. My feet feel better now so I guess I shouldn't really feel sorry for myself. It could have been worse.

The wasps are beginning to build nests all over the buildings in my neighborhood again. And I'd like to have some words with whatever idiot decided to install regular light bulbs instead of outdoor light bulbs all over my building. It attracts every mosquito, gnat, beetle, spider, and palmetto(which is just a fancy way to say ROACH) to my door step that even those cute little glow in the dark geckos can't eat up for population control as they usually do. He's probably the same idiot that decided to use so much poison on the grounds that it actually kills the little varmints that prey on all the nasty bugs.

Also on the bright side, today was Thursday. Thirsty Thursday at Coldstone to be exact. My favorite milkshake is half off on Thirsty Thursdays so I don't have to feel so guilty about paying an arm and leg for it. Just for that I can say life is good.

7 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I hope you will forgive me the few giggles that escaped me while reading this. ( snort.) I'm really very sorry. (chortle.) I do know what fire ants can do, and I feel your pain over not being able to wear those cute shoes tomorrow. (chuckle.)

I hope you immediately walked your feet into the ocean. I think that salt water cures nearly everything.

I scarcely know what to say to Peanut for his disgraceful performance. (tee hee.) Bad Doggie.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Sweet Pea,

Please pick up an award at my place.

Coffee will be served, hold the ants.

Miss Awesome said...

I guess that's the one good thing about CT, never had to deal with fire ants...so sorry for you :( These sort of things always happen right when you want to wear cute shoes huh?

oh yeah, I see you have me on your cool people section (thank you, I am cool aren't I? :)-). Just fyi, I changed my url to theresneveraline.blogspot.com... if people click on the other one (ms. clever yvonne) they'll end up reading about prescription drugs. Not sure why but it is true :/

flutter said...

You're here, life IS good.

LittlePea said...

THANKS heart!!!! I'll update my sidebar and pass it on first thing tomorrow.

big momma-I'm so glad you're happy about being in the cool people section. Yeah I've been needing to update my links for a long time now.

flutter-It is! It is!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I got fire ant bites all over both hands day before yesterday. They were in a flower pot and I was repotting a plant. I did not see the ants until it was too late. I got out the DE and mixed it with the potting soil and spread it all around the pot. They should all be dead in a few days. My hands sure did itch while I was working today.

thailandchani said...

I don't think we have fire ants here.. but, oh lord!, the fire ants in Thailand!

I know of what you speak.. and you have all my sympathy. :)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com