Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I guess I should change my name from MsLittle Pea to Ms Inappropriate

Something strange happened. Yesterday a lady around my age came up to me at the library and told me I was dressed inappropriately. That I should have more respect for the library and her kids and cover up. She was pretty angry. I was so taken aback and frankly weirded out by how angry she was at me, all I could think of to say was,"Oh, I'm sorry." I went into the bathroom to check if anything was sticking out, fell out, or if my underwear was showing. I even took a picture so I could get a second opinion later. I've never met or seen this woman in my life. So all I can think of is maybe she was on some medication or needed some. Now tell me, does this look like someone who has no respect for public libraries?(please excuse the smartass smirk, I couldn't help it)
The only thing I can think of that maybe was offensive about my clothes were my brown flipflops. Flipflops are a little too casual, but hello!? I live in Florida: the sloppy-dress capital of North America! It actually reminded me of the South West Airlines mini skirt incident. At least she got an apology. Actually I don't want an apology I want to NOT run into that crazy woman ever again.....

Kermit agrees. When I got home from my indecent library visit, I noticed him on the stairway rails. Isn't he cute? Hope he got a few bugs to eat when the porch light came on.(those are one of my blurry brown flipflops by the way :O) )

AND I just wanted to say that CrazyLibraryPatron did NOT ruin my library experience. I still enjoyed myself there despite the weird encounter. Oh, and if anyone agrees with CrazyLady, please let me know, I promise it won't hurt my feelings and I won't wear that outfit to the library ever again.(I'm being serious)

16 comments:

flutter said...

You are so cute.

thailandchani said...

She sounds like a nut. I am an extremely conservative person.. and I think you look just fine.


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I re-read your post twice, but it was, indeed, a library you were visiting and not an Amish funeral. So I don't know what this lady had going on in her head except perhaps this:

"That woman in the flip flops and cute skirt makes me feel fat and slovenly and unkempt and frumpish." No, wait, that's me. But that crazy lady sounds jealous. Seriously.

FWIW, you're as cute as a bug. I could just carry you around in a photo album. Forget the library lady. She forgot her meds or something.

super des said...

I agree that she was just jealous. And crazy. And you should have given her the old frying pan to the noggin.

SUEB0B said...

What she meant, of course, is that you look totally hot. Which, to some people, is inappropriate in itself.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

You're beautiful! And your outfit is adorable.

I'm just sorry you apologized to her. She is crazy, rude and nasty and that, my dear, is very inappropriate anywhere.

EmBee said...

Clearly she was jealous... You look good!

If I'd seen you at the library looking like that my thought would've been, "Damn, I wish I looked like that... I've GOT TO lose some weight."

Miss Awesome said...

I wish I looked like you.

Anyways, now to read your post.

Miss Awesome said...

Perhaps she felt like it's not warm enough in Florida to be wearing a skirt.

She probably went home and told everyone about the hooker in the library who was showing her booty and had on a see-through shirt, without a bra and 6 inch heels with toenails painted fire engine red. They probably all believe her too.

LittlePea said...

Thanks for all the compliments guys!(blush blush)

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hey, you look absolutely great...I studied in a State University here and that outfit was even allowed in classes...i think that woman is just sick...in the head... :P

hugs....

Whiskeymarie said...

What a rude nutjob. If she has a problem with short skirts, she really needs to move into Amish country, cause they're everywhere.
Um, Ma'am? 1955 called and they want their prudishness back.

thethinker said...

She thought that was inappropriate?

Geez... people are so weird these days.

Maurey Pierce said...

WT heck? You look great. A bit of leg never killed anybody. If mine were that nice, I'd show 'em off too! Sheesh.

Rebecca said...

she was definitely just jealous because you are so gorgeous. (and brown and young - you COW! - could you please get around in an ugly, calf-length sack dress from now on. It would make me feel better. :) )

anne said...

Belatedly.... I am totally with everyone above. You are lovely. That woman was jealous, pathologically conservative... or perhaps just pathological. Glad she didn't ruin your library experience.