Monday, September 24, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy...and dedicate this award to my peeps


Heartinsanfransisco has been nice enough to award me with a Nice Award! Since it's a nice award I guess gloating is out of the question........

I'm supposed to pass it on to 5 of my peeps. Hmmm, who is nice???.....oh yeah, I don't hang around mean people. Every person from my cool people section deserves this award. Well except maybe....just kidding-I had you for a second there didn't I??

I included both award pics like hearts did so people can choose which one they like. I lean a little towards this one because that cat looks like a smartass and you all know my affinity for smartasses. It was made by Big Brother over at Life in the Twilight Zone. I've never met him in my life but I though it was proper to give credit.

Well it sucks that the rules said 5 dammit. But these 5 were my first blog friends so since it is a nice award.....feel free to pass it on or not.

Laurie from Don't MAKE me get my flying monkeys actually was the very first blogger to befriend me. She is so very dedicated to her family and loved ones. So many of her posts are humbly filled with the deeds she does for them and how much she cares for them. She always has beautiful pictures of her surroundings and something interesting to say. In her most recent post she leaves an address to send cards or letters to her father in his new home. This is a perfect example of the kind of person she is.


Thailand Gal's blog is one of the most thought provoking blogs I've ever been lucky enough to stumble upon. Her kind of thought provocation usually aims us inward than out. Even when she writes about a hot button issues, her words always seem to force us to think about ourselves, our place in the world and how we contribute to or take from it. Her descriptions of her heart's home, Thailand, and her love for a culture she wasn't born into but adopted, give people who don't feel they have a place in the world, inspiration to create one on their own.

Hel, from Truth Cycles, writes so vividly and so poetically about(literally) everything under the sun in her home in South Africa. Her hopes and fears for her self, her country and its people can be seen in her photos as well. She is someone who is not afraid to show vulnerability in her true spirit and someone who finds herself in nature. This measly little paragraph doesn't even do justice to how visual her writing is. AND her photos of her beautiful dogs appeals to the dog lover in me.

Super Des from The Wonderful World of Des is one of the funniest, 'smartassiest' bloggers on the block. Her humor in everyday situations and the people in them leave me cracking up again when I encounter the same things on my own. I like that her humor is so honest but not mean. She also likes to make up her own words, just like I do.

Flutter is one of the most talented writers...I don't even have good enough words to describe. Sometimes, I'll be reading a post and I feel like I'm reading one of my old Anais Nin diaries. Not because of the sensuality but the quiet sweetness of moments she shares with us. I feel privileged, like I've been let in on a secret. Her poetry is like a soft breeze.




I'm not a good enough writer to really express how great these bloggers are so check them out. And while you're at it take a look at the rest of my peeps in the cool people section. My plan was to mention EVERYONE I linked with so as not to leave anyone out anyway. Until I saw what time it was and realized how hungry I am.....so forgive me if you feel that way. It's not that I value one above the other, it's just that I'm hungry:O)



By the way, I'm still working on interview questions for the rest of the people who asked and I'm not finished yet so give me a couple more days if I haven't got them out to you yet. I will, I haven't forgotten.

6 comments:

flutter said...

Oh honey. You are such a doll. I am so so glad you are here. I am in total awe of your compliment and I completely agree with your other choices.

Thank you sweetheart.

super des said...

smartassiest is the best word ever.
Thank you my dear.

Mary said...

Great recommendations for new blogs to read!

Now my subscription list guarantees that I'll be stuck to the computer for 12 hours a day.

thailandchani said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me. :) Great recommendations for some new blogs to check out as well!


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Your words are more than adequate to describe your peeps so beautifully that I want to check out the ones I don't already know immediately.

If anyone deserves to gloat, it's you, Sweet Pea. Even though you never do.

dmmgmfm said...

Thank you so much for the honor, Little Pea. You are much too kind.

Hugs,
Laurie