Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday Confession


I went to Target today to buy some seeds and a new flower pot for some African Violets that haven't bloomed in forever because its pot is too small. The pot itself was $1.99 and the bottom-plate thingy was 49cents. The cashier scanned only the bottom-plate thingy and I didn't say anything. So instead of paying $2.48, I paid 49cents. An honest person would have said something. I don't feel guilty about it but with my strict Catholic upbringing and all, I thought I should seek absolution here. Forgive me Target, for I have sinned.....


Feel free to purge yourself of your own sins here if you feel the inclination. I absolve you.

8 comments:

Madge said...

Ok. Once, at Target, I bought a hairdryer for $4.99. It should have rang up to $24.99. I didn't say anything.

Keep your eye out for more pots at the thrift shops! I am getting so many lately...wish I could share!

Thailand Gal said...

LOL!! Okay. I once got a phone bill that had been accidentally paid by someone else.

I didn't report it.


Peace,

~Chani, who will say 5 Hail Marys and a sincere Act of Contrition.

*ahem*

super des said...

One time my friend bought a bunch of stuff at Victoria's Secret. The cashier didn't scan about half the stuff, so my friend paid WAAYYY less than she should have.

As for me, I have no sins to confess.
;)

Laurie said...

When I was in college, several of the people from my dorm floor went to Claire's in the mall. They all shoplifted jewelry. Trying to fit in, I picked up a pair of earrings and put them in my pocket. I felt so guilty about it that I mailed the store the price of the earrings and the earrings...

Jay said...

That's totally funny - just yesterday, Jason was like "OH man, the cream cheeses were stuck together and they only charged us for one!"

He was incredibly excited.

That's one clever little Yvonne said...

Once I had a dishrack on the bottom of my cart at BIGLOTS. I forgot to put it on the counter and they forgot to check. I saved at least 2.99! I love living on the wild side!!!

MsLittlePea said...

We're all going to hell. All of us.

Blondie said...

Let me know how your violets do. I just bought an African violet and didn't realize you were supposed to water them from the bottom, so I ruined some of its leaves. I read if it stops blooming, you should squeeze it or knock it around a bit to "restart" it's blooming process. But don't tell anyone I told you that b/c I don't want to be arrested for domestic flower abuse.