Some were said to me directly, a couple at other people in my presence. A couple of them were said by the same person. Some of them you're not going to believe but trust me-I didn't make any of these up. I have a freakishly vivid ability to remember things which is why I'm always surprised that people-strangers, even, are constantly telling me their secrets and extra info that I didn't really want to know-but that's a story for another day. Actually I was inspired by Des' post from yesterday, she talked about "mock-liments" a term I love and have now stolen from her(hope you don't mind)-if you're one of her regular readers then you should be able to guess at least one of them. I've been guilty of blurting out some insensitive things myself-more than once, of course, but I'll keep those for next week's. If you want to know which were directed at me --check back.
Thirteen Insensitive/Rude Things I've Heard People Say:
1. It must suck being so short.
2. I saw your makeover on the news yesterday, the lighting made your acne look worse than in person.
3. Your sister's a bitch, but, I like you.
4. I'd invite you (to dinner), but the people we're meeting aren't your kind of people.
5. Your from (insert name of a country)? Man, I heard the prostitutes were really hot there.
6. Let me help you with that, she doesn't know what she's doing-she's just the bikini salesgirl here. She wouldn't know a clue about that.
7. You're hair is really long, where do you get your extensions done?
8. I feel so comfortable in your apartment because it always looks like shit so I don't feel like I have to dress up to come over here.
9. I liked you better with a beard-it's all too much face now.
10. Do they make strange click, click sounds when they're talking where you're from? That's pretty weird!
11. Why do you need a blue tooth-you're like nobody important.
12. I'm going to get some lemon cake but maybe you should skip desert.
13. I wish I could wear tacky clothes and get away with it, but somehow it suits you.
I'll give the answer for 2 of them since those are the easiest to figure out. #1-I've heard that all my life since I stopped growing in the 5th grade and even then everyone else was taller than me but the response to that is always Hellll Nooo. It does not suck being short and the reasons why it doesn't suck being short will one day be one of my future TTs! Still though....it's not a nice thing to say.
Obviously #9 wasn't directed at me since I've never had a beard nor the ability to grow one. I swear!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants