Monday, July 23, 2007

Stress?

I took Peanut to his doctor Saturday morning. I've mentioned here before about his many surgeries to remove infectious glands from his, ahem, butt. It's taking forever for him to fully heal. He's been on and off antibiotics and steroids for months now. It's the same thing, over and over. For about a week he'll start to look better back there and then all of a sudden, he's swollen and in pain again. He was just there last week when they told me not to worry about him, just continue with his meds and he'll be fine. Saturday, I couldn't take it anymore, I can tell he's really uncomfortable and he's still having a hard time going. One of his doctors said he's probably stressed out. I said,"HUH?!!" I thought he was joking at first.


Does this dog look stressed out to you? If this is stressed out I'd like to see what relaxed is then.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe some little lizard has been taunting him? I hope his butt finally gets better. Have you thought about trying a different vet? It seems that sometimes a vet will get their mind stuck on a particular course of action and not see different options.

flutter said...

maybe he's worried about global warming? I mean, he IS wearing fur....

LittlePea said...

Courtney-I think you're right. They put him on a new medicine. I'm giving it about a week and half and if I don't see a significant change, I'm bringing him somewhere else!

flutter-you may be on to something. :o)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

First of all, I love your new photo and haven't commented on it before.

That dog doesn't look like my definition of stressed, but I think Courtney's idea is sound. A new regimen is called for when the old one doesn't work.

I hope Peanut feels better soon. What a sweetie. He has lovely eyes.

thailandchani said...

He doesn't look stressed to me.. but, heck, most of us would be stressed if we kept having infectious glands removed from our... um.. patooties. :)


Peace,

~Chani

LittlePea said...

Thanks heart, my husband liked this picture too. I totally agree with you both. I'm not going to wait around for him to get worse.

Chani-I know, my poor dog's bum. This is actually an old picture that I think I may have posted before. But there has been no change in his easy, doted on and pampered life...other than his going problem.

Unknown said...

I wouldn’t discount stress as a possibility. I’ve had Alex (the cat who is my master) to the vet 4 times in the last month. There is still no diagnosis, so we are considering stress as a possibility. Hey! I recently read that 96% of us humans in hi-tech societies suffer from stress, so why not our animal friends, too?

dmmgmfm said...

I suppose it could be stress...or embarrassment from having his bum poked and prodded so much. But I agree, I'd try a different vet if it doesn't improve soon.

Hugs,
Laurie

thethinker said...

Aww.. Poor Peanut. Hope he gets well soon.