I got tagged by the great Ms.Heartinsanfrancisco herself to list 5 ways I raise my vibrations:
1. Of course music. If I could surgically attach my ipod to my ears, I probably would. I don't really have a preference of any kind, just whatever sounds good. Norah Jones is a staple and there's a song by Stevie Nicks that describes exactly the 'place' I 'was' while I was under anesthesia and who I was with. I heard it about a week after my surgery, fell to my knees and cried for some reason. I'm not opposed to filthy hiphop, although lately it seems a little juvenile and repetitive(like that stupid,"Pop,Lock, and Drop it-so annoying-and if I hear that idiotic song about lipgloss just once more, I might just cut my ears out)but every once in a while I'll hear something I like. I like everything though.
2. Art. Looking at, reading about, or creating it. I paint some. And I was into pottery and sculpture for a little while but I don't have a kiln so I stopped for now. I don't paint as much as I used to but it's still something I'm fairly good at doing.
3. Read. This a given. I like everything as far as reading goes too.
4. The sea...oh the sea. I ride my bike to the beach often to look for shark teeth or to just be. Sometimes I'm the only around(since it's still a secret beach) so I will sing at the top of my lungs.
5. Speaking of singing, I love to sing. I sing all the time. I sing in the shower, in the kitchen, in the car, at the beach(see above), while I'm walking my dog, etc,etc....This does not mean that I can sing good. I can sort of hold a tune. But since my surgery last year, I'm a little husky now. I probably should have lumped this with number 1 but I'm too lazy to edit. Ok I'll just add one more then: Walking Peanut. We have all sorts of adventures together and we've been just about everywhere(how do you think I found the secret beach?) Walking always clears my mind and I get my best ideas then.
So there it is. I'm supposed to tag 5 people but I'll just tag whoever wants to.
Ms.EllieBee who was also was kind enough to tag me for this AND a Rockin Girl Blogger Award(woot!) that I still never passed on to anyone, the ungrateful, lazy bitch that I am(wherein lies your cue,dear readers, to say in your most shocked voice,OH no! You're the nicest, sweetest person the world Angel!) But, honestly, I have the utmost admiration for everyone I visit and I hate to just nominate only five so it would take a week to cut and paste everyone's link that I read.....plus I lurk in a few places too where I'm too shy to comment just now.
1. Who was your best friend?
W. I can't write her name because she's still my best friend and I want to respect her privacy. I've known her since we were 8. I hung out with Sarah a lot too and the last I heard she married an ex-con. This is true, I met him before, he's an asshole as well as an ex-con. I haven't seen her in 10-11 years.
2. What sports did you play?
Sports? Cheerleading and gymnastics. Some people don't consider it a sport and I sort of agree even though I had some injuries to prove it. But here's the truth: basically it's an excuse to put a cute little outfit to prounce around in, in front of the whole school, most of whom will think you're either adorable or a complete, conceited bitch(and they were trust me). There are a few girls who take it REALLY SERIOUSLY as an artform. But I was not one of them-they got on my nerves. It got really old and I quit 2 months before graduation because I thought it was sexist, stupid and childish-yeah it took me years to figure that out. If not for upsetting my parents(because it cost so much and they were so proud of me) and Sarah-who quit with me-I would've quit earlier, I hated it that much. This is a really embarrassing fact that my husband will find any excuse to tell everyone. I did love gymnastics though so I was proud of that. I guess it could have been worse. It was a cute outfit.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
I didn't. Nobody bothered to teach me to drive so I didn't.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you?
Football game(see #2) or out doing stuff I shouldn't be doing.
5. Were you a party animal?
Not too much. The normal teenage thing. I was home by curfew-my parents were my prison guards they were so strict.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
I don't know. Probably. But not the obnoxious kind. I guess I still am. But not like that. I tease people a lot which I guess is a form a flirting, it's just not a sexual way-that's what I mean by obnoxious.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No, like I said I can't sing that well. I wish though. I tried out for orchestra but I failed the test.
8. Were you a nerd?
Probably. An art club nerd with my nose in a book all the time.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Yes. Once in 6th grade for throwing candy on the bus. Once in 8 grade for mouthing off to my Science teacher. (he was a pervert and a jerk-nobody believed me) I also got caught skipping to go to the beach since my school was 2 blocks away from the damn beach.
10. Can you sing the fight song?
OMG yes, how dorky does that make me?
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Beddard my junior high art teacher. He died of AIDS in 1992, it was awful. I had a lot of good teachers though, he was just special. The one everyone liked.
12. School mascot?
Senators. What a dumb mascot. My school was named after one-go figure.
13. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, just once. My boyfriend was a complete jerk and so was our double date. They fought the entire time.
14. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
Only if I HAD to. But NOOO not by choice.
15. What do you remember most about graduation?
That our valedictorian screwed up her speech ever but I congratulated her anyway because she was so nice. And that the key note speaker was my friend's dad. It was the happiest day of my life because I hated school.
16. Where were you on senior skip day?
At the beach.
17. Did you have a job your senior year?
No. My parents never let me get a job.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
To the beach or in the art room, painting.
19. Have you gained weight since then?
I gained 15 pounds-I was underweight so it's a good 15 pounds.
20. What did you do after graduation?
school, work, moved out, got married
21. Who was your Senior prom date?
I won't say. He was complete jerk, that's all I need to say.
23. Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion?
No. I have zero desire to see any of those people. I run into someone from time and time though.
24. Who was your home room teacher?
25. Who will repost this after you?
Probably no one because this post is the longest post EVER. Plus everyone been tagged with it already.
Thursday, July 12, 2007