Wednesday, June 27, 2007

(Don't) Take me out to the ball game

I'm not a huge fan of sporting events. If I go to a game, I usually have a good time but it's not an activity I would seek out if I didn't have a husband who enjoyed them. Last week I was lucky enough to attend a rained out baseball game.

Nice view. Good seats. I was a good sport. Really, I was. The things I do for my husband... really.
We kept thinking the rain would pass over and the sky would clear up. For about 45 minutes it did stop raining but it took them so long to prepare the field, the rain started up again by the time they were finished and ready begin the game.
Whoever bought tickets for the seats under this leak had a wife who, I'm sure was as unhappy as I was just by the look on her face. The announcer said," A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work," and everyone cheered. I looked at the poor woman and we shared a smartass smile because I know we were both thinking,"F- this, I'd rather be at work!" We sat there for about 2 hours before we(I) got sick of it and decided to leave. The game was canceled shortly after we left which just so happened to be the same time as the afternoon traffic rush. Fun. I do love rain though just not baseball. Or ballpark food.

10 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm kind of with you on the sports stuff too. I'll go if I have to, and I'll probably have a good time- but, if I were in your situation, I probably would rather ave gone out and played in the puddles.

Day Dreamer said...

Oh, yea!, RAIN!

Ugh. That's all it has done in OK for the last month...it stops long enough for me to mow the lawn! Double YEA!

I'm pretty much the same way with sporting events!

dmmgmfm said...

Everyone's going (or trying to go) to baseball games. I'm jealous!

flutter said...

we're going to San Diego for Baseball in July, hopefully no rain!

ellie bee said...

I sooo wish it would rain here--we are drying up!

I have honored you with a rockin female blogger award--please pop over and pass it on!

Hel said...

I'm with you on this one. As a child my parents would make us watch sport on TV as punishement rather than send us to our rooms.

And sitting there in the rain knowing there is a thousand places you would rather be. You are a better person than me. I would have run screaming from the stadium followed by a happy dance in the rain once I got home.

thailandchani said...

I've never had much interest in sporting events.. but find it especially annoying to go during a rainstorm. LOL


Peace,

~Chani

Maurey Pierce said...

So funny that you posted this today. I'm actually going to a ball game tonight—and for all-you-can-eat ballpark food. And I'm kind of excited.

But, I DO sympathize about the rain.

Hel said...

I am so much better. Me and F have reach the stage where we learned so much about ourselves and each other it almost makes the horribleness of miscommunication seem worth it.

Thank you for caring and asking. It meant a lot.

Blondie said...

You are a saint. Nuf said.