Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bad Engineering

Last weekend, while we were at the beach, we were too lazy to move ourselves away from the rising tide. So we decided to build a levee with our feet. It's a losing battle, we both knew that but we had to try.

Well, Mr.Pea did..... I watched and every now and then offered an enthusiastic,"Good Job Brownie!" and a thumbs up.



For a good 15-20 minutes it worked.

But the moment we noticed a slight breech, we realized it was no use.
It all went downhill from there.

We had no choice but to move! So what's funnier: the fact that we were too lazy to move but not too lazy to build a 'sea wall' or the fact that we actually tried to ward off the Atlantic Ocean with a few handfuls of sand? Or should say footfuls?

16 comments:

Hel said...

It looks so warm and wonderful. Here it is grey and cold and everyone is huddling on the pation having a beer and snacks to celebrate some IT achievement.

Your fantastic sea wall. Funny? Never.

Inspirational...

LittlePea said...

Poor you! I hate winter. Just wait a few months, I'll be bitching about the cold and jealous of your warm weather.

thailandchani said...

The beach looks wonderful! I'd love to near the beach... and was that a little glimpse of Mr.Pea?


Peace,

~Chani

LittlePea said...

It is him, well it's his foot and leg at least. The knees are mine.

flutter said...

aren't beach days all about being lazy and playing in sand? Sounds like you got it just right

Whiskeymarie said...

Ahhh...laziness.
The mother of invention.

thethinker said...

The beach looks great! I envy that clean, clear water. Down here near the Gulf of Mexico, the water is dirty and brown.

Jay said...

I think it's entirely cute that you tried.

Unknown said...

If a little boy could plug a hole in the dike with his finger, why shouldn't you be able to stop the ocean with your feet?

SUEB0B said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are hired in New Orleans. It's safe to say you can do a better job than the army corps of engineers.

Nice day you guys shared.

Cheers

Blondie said...

The best part of this is that I completely understand. I would have tried this, too.

Aimee said...

AT least building a sea wall was fun (and blog worthy). Moving would have been too easy. :) hehe.

Shanshu said...

Am I the only person who thought the first picture (at a quick first glance, mind you) resembled a pair of...um....well.....nevermind.

I love the beach. I'm going next month for a week and I can't wait.

Unknown said...

One cannot defeat the sea and its tides—unless, of course, you are in Holland.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

The Zuyder Zee is not as big as the Atlantic. The project was doomed, but it's the spirit that counts.

I can still remember how warm the water is in Florida, unlike Northern California. Your beach photos always make me happy.