Monday, May 05, 2008

Back in the swing of things

I needed a few days of 'nothing' for my body and brain so now I'm ready to get caught up with you, my peeps. Everything went well as far as my MIL's recovery and her doc gave her the ok to fly home so they left Friday. I'm of course more than a little sad but I'm going to try to get up there by the end of this summer for a visit if I can get a decent priced ticket. My house is too damn quiet now and I'm still trying to 'switch back to English' in my mind. I'm also watching the tides so I can get out to my beach since I haven't been there in forever.

Speaking of beach. Oh gosh. Over the weekend I finally broke down and went bathing suit shopping. This is a torture no woman should have to go through. I wish perfectly fitting bathing suits just fell down from the heavens with magic mirrors, that's all I feel like saying. I'm not the first one to say this. I don't care how perfect a woman's figure is, no one over 15 wants to look at her self in a bikini under those horrible lights. My advice is to go with your boyfriend or husband/ significant other, who's either A) already super in love with you and thinks you look cute in everything or B) been with you long enough to just automatically tell you look totally hot if he wants to avoid sleeping on the floor. But please don't fill my comments with how I shouldn't have a bad body image because I don't. Does this mean I think I look like crap? No. It just means I hate bathing suit shopping. Just not more than I like to eat....

1 comment:

super des said...

The store lights never help anybody. But you're right, take your boy. The best is when you're like "ew, I hate swimsuits" but then your boy just says "wow." And same reaction every time you go swimming. (That might have something to do with that whole love thing.)