Thursday, June 29, 2006

You've probably figured out

I still don't know my right and left-I noticed this morning that on yesterday's post that I pointed myself out to be in the right corner. I laughed at myself and changed it quickly. I have to be honest and say that, for me, this mistake is not rare. I failed my driver license exam because my examiner told me to turn left and I turned right, then told me turn right and I turned left. I also get lost sometimes going to the ladies room if someone says, "it's down the hall and two doors on the right." It's been like that since kindergarten-I won't blame it on my teacher, EVEN THOUGH she was very frightening and not at all nice. (But we'll discuss her later) OK so I admit it! Hello, my name is MsLittlePea and I don't always know my right and left. SO WHAT? That doesn't make me in idiot.....doesn't everyone have some kind of nervous forgetfulness over certain things? Are you thinking, no, you're just an idiot. Well let me tell you, honey, I bet I know a lot of things you don't know! Do you know what endoplasmic reticulum is? A mitochondria? You have both in your body you know-probably millions of them, look it up. Can you find your fibula? You have those too. Do you know about the XZY affair? An important event in American history. Can you figure out a few simple genetics ratios? Can you discuss the differences and similarities in Greek and Roman mythology and their contribution to modern literature(and science)? Can you discuss a few theories of quantam physics(example: string theory)? Who is the actual "Weeping Woman" in Picasso's painting? What is the difference between surealism and impressionism? Why did Van Gogh cut off his ear? It wasn't because of a woman and that's what they told us at school. Can you discuss Freud's theories other than penis envy and Oedipus complex and by the way do you know who Oedipus was? You probably do, so name his wife and his children-I'll give you a hint they are fiction; a high school required reading, as most of these questions are high school questions but most people forget by the time they graduate. Just the same as I forgot my right and left after kindergarten...........but I remembered all the answers above and probably a thousand more, so don't laugh at me.:o)

PS If you knew the answers to most of my questions consider yourself a big genius like me only you remember your right and left. And anyway I knew a girl who could write with both hands so she always forgot her right and left too. She has a Doctorate in Biochemistry.

And by the way, Peanut likes me just the way I am......

No comments: