Monday, December 15, 2008

Not bad at all

The ocean's been kind of rough lately. I couldn't get out the the beach until today when low tide is too late in the day for me to really find the good stuff. Today's find was not as I had hoped but here's the thing: It's December and I'm on the beach wearing flipflops, do you think I'm going to even think about complaining? And anyway, as you can see, I did ok for a mid-tide , foamy trek.


Posted by Picasa


The best ones were these, that bigger one being a Great White. I did end up finding a small handful more than this after my apple juice break (when I took these pictures) but I was too lazy to take more pix and anyway, ya'll get the point.



These tiny ones are kind of interesting because they have a redddish color to them that my camera didn't capture well but take my word for it. When I saw them wet on the sand, they were a red-orangey color.


It had been thick-foggy all day and just before I left at 4, the sun came out for a peak and this shrimp boat sort of appeared out of no where. I thought, if I squint my eyes, it could pass for a pirate ship but alas, Johnny Depp did not show up. Oh well.

7 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I love your beach trips, but why do sharks lose so many teeth?

flutter said...

look at THAT!!

Anonymous said...

I was at the beach the other day and there were 5 shrimp boats out there. Don't think I've ever seen that many and that close together.

Great find with the teeth!

Doesn't the water seem much bluer in the winter?

Patti

justme said...

i LOVE looking at these pictures...i think, almost as you like collecting the teeth.

SUEB0B said...

Wow, that great white is impressive - serrated for extra meat-cutting action! Ack!

dmmgmfm said...

Great beach picture! It's almost surreal, really...

Hugs,
Laurie

hele said...

Who needs Johnny Depp when you have a hand full of shark's teeth, flips flops and the sun peaking through the fog?