Sunday, November 16, 2008

When did Autumn get here without warning me? And why?


Yesterday I was wearing a miniskirt. Today, I'm miserable in jeans and a sweater. Sigh.....


My efforts to look for shark teeth have been thwarted twice over. Well I did find a few but none to really brag about. For one, rough seas left a layer of sand covering the usual patches of shells where I like to look and with the 69 degree water there's no chance of me wading. And now it's just too damn windy cold and will remain cold for at least a couple weeks or until Spring if Old Man Winter is grouchy this year. Damn this weather. Damn. Damn.

I know, I know, I'm the winter grinch. While all you sweater and mitten lovers are getting all excited and digging out your beloved long johns, I'm getting ready for my two to three month long grump fest. But again, I have to say I'm not going to complain too much because, well, hello, I live in Florida! So I have come up with a few things to cheer myself up with.

1. I just went to the beach 2 days ago. Wearing shorts.

2. Friday night at 7:55, MrPea and I ran out to our balcony to watch the sky for the space shuttle launch. This was the 6th one I've been able to watch right from my home. Mind you, during the day all you can really see is smoke and a burst of bright orange. But the night launches. Oh my the night launches, ya'll! Flashes of green surrounded by a bright halo and you can usually hear applause and cheers from anyone else who happened to have come out to watch our space shuttle fly into space. There's nothing like it and I saw it right from my own patio. Said a prayer for our astronauts.

3. I'm still on the decaf. Ok I strayed a little a couple weeks ago because I really needed the energy for canvassing BUT that was it. No caffiene for me.

4. My jeans still fit me.

5. Colder weather means I need new shoes. Which gives me just the excuse I need to go shoe shopping.

That's all I could come up with today. Hopefully I can come up with a few more by Thanksgiving. Have any good news? Leave me some.....
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

super des said...

I want to watch space shuttles from my house.

And it snowed here today, so shut up.

thailandchani said...

Well, we're opposites on that. I grouse and grump all summer because I can't stand being hot! When it's winter, at least I can put something on to be comfortable. In hot temperatures, all I can do is suffer.


~*

LittlePea said...

Des- oops. Ok.

Chani- You would probably go completely ballistic if California had humid summers. July and August are hell on Earth here. But the beach keeps me from tearing all my hair out. Before my whole thyroid was removed I used to be able to handle the heat but not anymore. Synthetic hormone replacement is...synthetic, I'm either too hot or too cold. AT least you have some cool relief to look forward to, I begrudge winter cuz I hate the clothes and I can't go shark tooth hunting.

madge said...

Ohh, I love this chilly weather! :)

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I don't look as cute in shorts as you do!


Endeavour = my first launch. Awesome! Loved the collective applause that roared up from the neighborhood.

LittlePea said...

It was great. It's probably not as cold where you are, I wouldn't complain about the weather if I were there.

Steph said...

I hate the cold, too. I feel your pain.

I didn't move to Tampa from Illinois to freeze my ass off, ya know?