Monday, October 09, 2006

Come on!


Are they serious? Is is this truly our image of beauty? This poor girl looks like she's on the verge of death. I probably weigh the same as she does so no one better accuse me of being jealous ok! But I'm 4'11" OK? I'm sure she's a lovely woman but this is ridiculous! OK?! Come on people stop giving us this wierd stuff. I don't know who the "people" is(or is it better grammar to say 'are'-let me know, I welcome the correction) that I'm bitching about I just don't understand why we need to deform our bodies-men and women for the sake of looking like models. If this is the goal, looking like you haven't slept in years and have only been eating paper since birth, ok, count me out. This isn't sexy.....is it? If it is then Marilyn Monroe must be a hog girl.


I'm in a surrrly mood can ya tell? Actually I'm not even surly I'm in disbelief, shock, dismay, confusion, dumbfounded, miscomprehension(is that a word?-well if not it is for now), creeped out. I think creeped out is the best way to put it. Not by the model, it's not her fault. I bet she's beautiful when she's healthy like everyone else, I just feel sorry for her my golly. What happenned? I shouldn't even be shocked, I mean, this isn't the first time I've ever seen an underweight person. I think I have the same reaction when I see someone who is morbidly obese but this is suppossed to be our image of beauty, our goal, dissappoints me....good lord!

Hey, I try to stay trim and fit myself but my number one priorty when I hit the treadmill is health, strength, endurance then looking nice will come with it. It's a good thing I don't have kids yet-how the hell do you explain something like that? To me this is more shocking than Janet Jackson's boob flying out on a Sunday evening--but maybe that's just me. Hey feel free to opine to the contrary but you'll never convince moi!

No comments: