Sunday, September 24, 2006

Feeling a little bettter

I've been home now for two weeks. Everyday I feel a little stronger. My neck is healing slowly but nicely and I can tell there won't be too bad of a scar but it's still a little sore and my throat still hurts and especially to talk. I also haven't gotten my voice back all the way. Maybe it will come back in the next few weeks or maybe not but I'm hopeful. I have been able to walk around a lot more and take Peanut for some short walks here and there. Tomorow I begin the radio-iodine process so keep me in your thoughts. It should only last just this week unless they find more cells but my doctor is optimistic that I'll only need just this one treatment. After that I'll have to take thyroid hormone for the rest of my life which is fine since I was taking it everyday before all this happenned. I can tell that my thyroid hormone levels are super low because even though I'm still recovering, I feel tired all the time, my face is always a little swollen, my eyes a little puffy, my skin dull and dry, and my metabolism is slow-slow-slow. I'm sure I've gained some weight which I probably needed anyway because I lost a lot of weight just from being in the hospital and barely eating much for all that time. But I'm not too concerend about the weight gain right now. I might get real concerned if it still continues after I start the thyroid hormones again-because I refuse to be one of those people who just lets myself go and then blames it on thyroid problems. I'm not afraid of excersize, in fact, I truly believe that the fact that I was in such good shape before all this happenned kept me from having an even worse experience than I did(if that is even possible). So if I end up gaining 10-15 pounds, I can take that off by the the holidays- no problem. But I don't eat like a glutton anyway and excersize is naturally a big part of my life so I'll worry about that later.

Peanut's surgery also went smoothly so far although they did find another problem that hopefully can be healed with steroids and strong antibiotics. I can already tell that the steroids have improved his athletic ability because last night he did a triple jump move right over me as I was sleeping--scared the shit out of me but he had perfect form!

No pictures today because I'm too lazy.

No comments: