Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Useless Random Musing

The Pillsbury Dough Boy is probably my favorite commercial character. Who doesn't love a little laughing blue eyed blob of dough? There has to be something seriously wrong with a person who hates him. I would really like to be the one who gets to poke him in the belly. In fact I would prefer to pinch him. On the bum. Not in the dirty way ok before anyone starts to get shocked! Just a little pinch. He'll still go,"Hoohoo!" Although I'm against bum pinching as a feminist I would rather be pinched on the bum than poked in the belly. Why? Because a pinch on the bum means you're a cutie, a poke on the belly means you're a blob of dough. Just because I love the Dough Boy, doesn't mean I want to be one.

I did not like the Snuggle bear. He's too 'sugary'. He's cute and all but he's like some one's annoying little kid that everyone gushes over because he's so cute, but babysit him alone and he turns into the meanest little brat you ever saw. So now and then you're forced to ooh and ah over him because his parents spoil him and push the poor kid in everyone's face. " Isn't he darling, isn't he wonderful???" No because you guys ruined him and now he's a little delinquent.....(Everyone knows at least one kid like that-Can you tell I have personal experience with a kid like that?) When I was little, I was always afraid one of my dolls or bears would come a live and scare the bejeezuz out of me. And Snuggle bear particularly looks like one I had and was scared to death of but wasn't allowed to throw away or give away because my mom didn't believe in wasting.

6 comments:

thailandchani said...

Sort of like a warm and fuzzy Chuckie, eh? :)


~*

Maurey Pierce said...

Snuggle Bear does look like he might come to life - and kill you, a la Chucky.

hele said...

Heehee.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one who felt this way about that damn Snuggle bear.

SUEB0B said...

Snuggle bear skeeved me out, too. That giggle was so icky.

My preferred commercial character was Tony the Tiger - It's GRRRRREAT - always so positive!

LittlePea said...

Oh I forgot about him! I loved it too!